VET FEE HELP
NOTE: THE VET FEE HELP PROGRAM HAS BEEN REPLACED BY VET STUDENT LOANS.
The information on this page is maintained for legacy students who enrolled prior to December 31, 2016 and accessed VET FEE HELP.
What is VET FEE HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is a Federal Government scheme which enables eligible students to have all or part of their tuition fees paid for them by the Australian Government in the form of a loan.
Basair Aviation College is approved by the Department of Education and Training (DET) to offer VET FEE-HELP loans to eligible students.
Eligible students can borrow funds over their lifetime up to the FEE-HELP limit. In 2016 the FEE-HELP limit is $99,389. There is a loan fee of 20% for full fee-paying students undertaking VET FEE-HELP loans. This fee will be included in the VET FEE-HELP debt.
The loan is re-payed gradually through the pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) tax system once your income is above the minimum repayment threshold, which is set by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). For the 2015-2016 financial year this has been set at $54,126. Visit www.ato.gov.au for more details.
Am I eligible for VET FEE‑HELP?
You are eligible for VET FEE‑HELP if you:
- are an Australian citizen; or
- are a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets long-term residency requirements; or
- are a permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit);AND
- have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit (see below); AND
- meet course requirements as follows:
- are a full fee-paying / fee for service student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course at an approved VET FEE‑HELP provider; OR
- are a student subsidised by a state or territory government (other than the Australian Capital Territory) studying a diploma or advanced diploma course; OR
- are a student subsidised by the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, Western Australian and New South Wales Government studying in a specified certificate IV course (nominated courses vary by state) as part of the Certificate IV Trial that concludes in December 2016; AND
- are enrolled with an approved VET FEE-HELP provider in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit.
How do I apply for VET FEE HELP?
To apply for a VET FEE-HELP loan, you will need a tax file number (TFN) and will need to fill out a Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form. Basair Aviation College will provide you with the form.